Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year and New Beginnings

Everyone has new year goals or "resolutions".  For me, I have dreams.  I have a notebook full of endless possibilities that I want for this business, this life path that I am gracefully, prayerfully, and humbly walking down.  I never thought this is where my life would be.  The other day, I came across a journal I started before my oldest was born.  The point was to document my pregnancy and his life and have something for him to read when he got older.  It is there for just that, but I found it is there for me to watch my life change and grow right before my eyes.  It has been amazing and seriously humbling and I do not take this life journey for granted.

Taking photographs is not a job, it is a passion.  Yes, it pays some of our bills and I am grateful for that but the people I get to meet and the life moments I get to be a part of are priceless.  I don't just take photos, I capture memories.  I get to witness firsts of new parents trying to find their way; loving their precious baby to their fullest knowing that child is a gift.  I have witnessed family reunions and been able to capture those moments knowing they may not get to do it again for a long time.  I capture firsts, lasts,  funny moments, private moments, new loves, old loves and everything in between.

2010 was a year of learning, growing, and developing.  It was a fantastic year and I wouldn't be where I am without it.  However 2011 is the here and now.  I will use this year to do all the same things I did in 2010 but this year I will allow my dreams to become realities and I will work to make this business something my clients, friends, and most of my family will be proud to be a part of.

New and wonderful things are coming...I have a few things up my sleeves with giveaways and great session ideas.  I would love to hear from you and maybe spend some time capturing your friends and families.

Happy New Year. May this year be more than you hoped and all that your dreamed.

No comments: